Which MSI articles were most-read in 2014? Here’s the top ten list (in order of number of views).
- Lifestyle Branding: The New Frontier of Competitive Differentiation
Focusing on lifestyle puts brands like Abercrombie & Fitch, Harley-Davidson, Gillette, Puma, and Facebook in direct competition with one another, says Northwestern’s Alex Chernev.
- 5 Things I Know About Marketing – Adobe CMO Ann Lewnes
Ann Lewnes talks about creativity, testing, and the important role of judgment in marketing.
- Is Your Brand a « Partner, » a « Best Friend » or a « Secret Affair » for Your Customers?
Brand relationships come in all shapes and sizes, says Boston University’s Susan Fournier. So why do marketers focus on loyal brand “marriages
- Things I Know About Marketing – Dominique Hanssens, UCLA
« Despite the growth of cookie-level marketing capabilities, there remains a strong need for brand marketing, in addition to direct or one-to-one marketing, » says Hanssens.
- How Online Reviews Can Benefit Brands
Customer reviews can create a positive feedback loop for weak brands.
- Surprising New Insights About How Consumers Search Online
Study by Duke’s Carl Mela finds that consumer search is more extensive, focused, and informative of choice than is commonly reported.
- How Social Media Drives Brand Engagement and Sales
With two years of Twitter data, researchers connect the dots to consumer engagement and brand sales.
- Jonah Berger Talks About the Science of Word of Mouth
Three principles for making your message contagious from Wharton’s Jonah Berger.
- Real Customer Centricity Is About Profitability
Identify your most valuable customers, then do everything in your power to make as much money from them as possible, says Wharton’s Peter Fader.
- The Marketing Power of Detailed Data
How do you manage customer expectations when your customers expect you to know them as well as Amazon does?